Freighters, Subways, Trains, Drones, Rockets, Cars, Boats, Trucks, Busses, Scooters….
How does the future get where it’s going? Robots! Join us for FIRST Tech Challenge: FREIGHT FRENZY! We are open for enrollment for the 2021-2022 season. Our team is open to girls in grades 9-12, all interests and abilities. No previous experience required. There are many opportunities and whatever your interest, we can help you learn. Do you want to build a robot, but you never have? Or have an interest in coding but never tried? Do you enjoy research, documentation or giving presentations? We have a place for everyone. If you’d like to join us, please let us know by 9/1. We have potential fundraising and outreach activities on Sunday 9/5 and Saturday 9/11. Season kickoff is Saturday 9/18.
What RoboScout Squad does:
- Build and program a robot to compete in the current season challenge
- Document our work in an Engineering Journal
- Prepare presentations for judges
- Community Service Projects
- Outreach to other teams and the community
- Promote STEM for girls
- Travel to tournaments (health regulations permitting)
- Network with other teams
- Work with, share with and learn from our competition for the benefit of everyone
- Work hard
- Have fun
If you want to see how a season goes, visit our team page from last season, scroll to the bottom and work your way up. Last season was unusually long and tournaments were remote due to COVID.
- Meetings usually Wednesday evenings 5:30-7:30, multiple weekends especially around start of season and close to tournaments, some no-school days – competition season runs from September usually through early February
- May miss 2-3 school Fridays for tournament travel, dates currently TBD. We have had success getting these absences excused from attendance incentive policies at both Glacier and Flathead High.
- To join RoboScout Squad, girls need to also join Girl Scouts, annual cookie sales and Fall nut/candy sales are our primary fundraisers.
- Team parents/guardians are expected to help when needed (i.e. helping load up for travel, load up/setup at local events, helping at and/or promoting fundraisers, bringing an occasional snack, etc.)
- We continue to meet for community outreach, service and fundraising events in the off-season
We also welcome adults looking to volunteer in any capacity or share their technical, business or marketing skills. Just as with the girls, no technical experience required. Everyone has something to share with the next generation. If you have a heart to volunteer, reach out to us on our Contact Us page.
If you have a group in grades 4-8 and are interested in starting a FIRST LEGO League team, or a co-ed group in grades 7-12 for FTC, we are happy to help you get started. FLL season kickoff is in mid-August.
FIRST is for everyone!
#FIRSTForward #FTCFreightFrenzy #FIRSTLikeAGirl #GSMWRobotics